Research Ethics and Conflicts of Interest Workshop, Durban, South Africa, 1st April 2019
UKZN African Health Flagship Postgraduate Training Program present the Research Ethics and Conflicts of Interest Workshop. Nelson Mandela School of Medicine, UKZN, Durban, South Africa, 1 April 2019. Training is open to University Post-Graduate Students & Post-Doctoral Fellows.
- Download application form (deadline for application 20 Mach 2019).
Please submit application forms to:
Mrs Zethu Luthuli
Tel: +27 31 260 4198
This workshop will provide introduction to the ethical principles applied to research involving human participants and explanation of the process of research ethics evaluation at UKZN. It will also outline the process to identify and manage conflicts of interest. We will have a special focus on how conflict of interest is seem by international funders (e.g. NIH).
- Gugulethu Mkhize, Senior Grant Manager at KRISP/UKZN
- Suzette Grobler, Senior Grant Manager at KRISP/UKZN
- Dr. Richard Lessells, Infectious Diseases Specialist at KRISP/UKZN and member of the Ethics Committee at UKZN.
Cost: Free of Charge
Workshop is free of charge and include course materials, tea and lunch. Travel, hotel, and other incidental expenses relating to the training are the responsibility of the attendee.
- This course is subsidised by the UKZN African Health Flagship Program, which one of the objectives is to provide a comprehensive training program for post-graduate and post-doctoral fellows at UKZN.
News date: 2019-03-30