Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Outbreak: Genomics & Epidemiology
Our work on coronavirus research and outbreak response:
- Genome Detective: A rapid bioinformatics tool for the identification and characterization of novel coronavirus genomes.
- Genome Detective Use Case: new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 COVID-19 in Belgium. Eight hours from sample to whole genome analysis.
- Nature journalist Jack Leeming wrote an interesting article on Nature Index (February 26th) highlighting we developed the tool to to respond quickly to this coronavirus outbreak.
- UKZN Coronavirus war room, Durban, KZN, South Africa - eTV news - 05 March 2020
Important resources for Coronavirus research and outbreak response in South Africa:
- National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD) coronavirus COVID-19 testing information.
- National Department of Health coronavirus COVID-19 information
- World Health Organization (WHO) COVID-19 information
News date: 2020-02-14