Postdoctoral Research Fellowship: Infectious Disease Management
Minimum requirements for positions:
- Medical background (MD), preferably with experience in infectious diseases or
- PhD in Infectious diseases, Biological Sciences, or a related subject
- Genomics and/or bioinformatics experience at PhD and/or MSc level
- Experience in publishing in top international peer reviewed journal
- Experience working with the analysis of viral, bacterial and/or human genomes.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in clinical epidemiology
- Phylogenetics/evolutionary biology analysis expertise
- Hobbies and interest to live and thrive in South Africa.
Please note that postdoctoral fellows are not appointed as employees and their fellowships
are awarded tax free. They are therefore not eligible for employee benefits.
Commencement of duties: 1st of January 2023
Closing date: 18 November 2022
News date: 2022-11-18